The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) wants to advise motorists of scheduled construction for a roundabout in Scott County. The roundabout is part of the US 460 Georgetown Northwest Bypass Project. Construction will take place from Monday, June 8 at 7 a.m. through Friday, August 21 at 7 a.m.
A closure will be in effect at Longlick Pike/KY 32 & McClelland Circle/KY 1143 for the construction. No mile points are assigned at this time - as this is a new project. Appropriate signage will be in place to guide and direct motorists
Alternate routes to navigate around the construction:
KY 32 West will be closed to thru traffic at Cincinnati Road/US 25:
- Motorists can utilize South on Cincinnati Road/US 25 to right West Main Street/US 460 to right on Stamping Ground Road/KY 227 North to right on Sebree Road/KY 1688 to KY 32.
KY 32 East will be closed to thru traffic at Sebree Road/KY 1688:
- Motorists can utilize right on Sebree Road/KY 1688 to left on Stamping Ground Road/KY 227 South to left on Frankfort Road/US 460 East to left on North Broadway Street/US 25 North to left on Longlick Road/KY 32 (Longlick Road changes to Long Lick Pike at KY 1143).
KY 1143 will be closed to thru traffic at Frankfort Road/US 460:
- Local traffic will be able to pass through KY 32 and KY 1143 (but will not be able to go past KY 32 and KY 1143) - motorists will need to choose the alternate route based on the direction they plan to access.
KY 32 West - toward Skinnersburg/Longlick:
- Motorists can travel West on Frankfort Road/US 460 to right on Stamping Ground Road/KY 227 to right on Sebree Road/KY 1688 to KY 32.
KY 32 East - toward North/Northwest Georgetown:
- Motorists can travel East on Frankfort Road/US 460 to left on North Broadway Street/US 25 to left on Longlick Road/KY 32.
All work, and closures are scheduled on a tentative basis, and subject to change depending on weather, emergencies, and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways. Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Keep up with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet: